Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Old old old Thorwald reinstalled the game  (Read 1070 times)

Thorwald

Old old old Thorwald reinstalled the game
« on: September 26, 2016, 04:47:21 PM »
Hello All.... or is it any.. as in Hello Any who still stumble by here.
Been years since I was in the game anywhere.  Last I recall it was post-Moria, pre-Rohan and I was doing daily quest runs up some dang mountain in the zone where their were Liches to the south.
Whatever that was.. that was my last in-game memory.   
I'd imagine there might be a few things to do to get going a bit again... like find out where my characters are.. or what server to "transfer" them to... and find a way to get the launcher to be visible and useful on a 4K monitor. Maybe buy some expansion or something.   But I'd like to give it a shot.
And TheLostArmy was my first thought for some good folk who might point me in the right direction.

Havoc

• Hey Now
  • Retired Cat Herder
Re: Old old old Thorwald reinstalled the game
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 01:21:02 PM »
Hey Thorwald,
Did anyone get back to you on this?

Thorwald

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016, 01:39:45 PM »
Hey Thorwald,
Did anyone get back to you on this?
Hey Havoc...  yes.. I got a warm welcome on the facebook page..  I was in game for a couple hours but felt rather foolish.  What I did was try to relearn the the controls by starting a new alt.. a beorn..  but as I was grinding quests in Archet I realized.. grinding.. do I really want to go grinding again?
Since my days in Middle Earth I have visit Skyrim and Witcher 3 lands..  I am not sure Middle Earth has the appeal it once did.
Haven't been back in since.. I might revisit.. but civ6 is calling now. 
What do you think?  Worth it to relearn and get back in?  I had an original founder lifetime membership.. so it doesn't really cost me anything.

noobo

• Retired Cat Herder
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2016, 10:59:09 AM »
HIyyas, Thorwald! If you know the LOTR lore, it's worth returning to explore Minas Tirith and the fringes or Mordor... some of the book quests are brilliant and hilarious!  :D  New-to-you game-play would be the "Big Battles" beginning at Helm's Deep, and you can start these at your current level and fight along with higher-level characters. The end-game grind is for the varied components you can use to max-out your imbued legendaries (building-up instead of replacing existing gear), and obtaining essences to customize your stats through the socketed armor and jewelry. Guardians are always needed in the new instances... Noobo ends up as a hobbit-burger much too often!!  ::)
Cheers, Noobo
Pages: [1]   Go Up