Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Attention LOTRO Homeowners  (Read 2275 times)

noobo

• Retired Cat Herder
Attention LOTRO Homeowners
« on: August 18, 2013, 08:48:38 PM »
...or rather, FORMER homeowners, as Turbine decided to clean things up in preparation for Housing 2.0 and foreclosed on any slackers not up on their rent payments (including myself, apparently, as I now have a load of furniture from some kinhouse Suka and I forgot about... can I interest you in some gently pre-owned trophies from Moria?) :-/ So, if you now find yourself in the market for some Middle Earth real estate and a hobbit-hole of your very own, I'd like to suggest the Elmnook neighborhood of The Shire, which currently houses a few classy tenants from TLA, and features the TLA Shire Pub for all your local kinhouse needs. Those who prefer above-ground living with sharply-rectangular doors and windows may be interested in the Ramsward neighborhood of Breeland Homesteads, centered on the TLA Kinhouse, but you will be stuck with having Old Man Havoc for a neighbor! These properties are really moving, so buy now while you have the chance! ...and we'll even let you pay your entire rent up to six months in advance for those prolonged AFK vacations! Buy NOW!  ;D
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 08:50:14 PM by noobo »
Cheers, Noobo

Havoc

• Hey Now
  • Retired Cat Herder
Re: Attention LOTRO Homeowners
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 03:44:23 PM »
no wonder i had some things in the mail. i wondered where they came from

Gumpf

• Officer
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 10:16:32 PM »
I was logging on regularly to pay upkeep until I ran out of Gold.  Decided to just let the house go as I'm actually a little pissed off about having to pay upkeep on housing when neighborhoods are vacant and have never been utilized or developed.  Might check out what Turbine does when they roll out an update on housing, but my expectations are so low you'd have to dig down a few feet to find them.

noobo

• Retired Cat Herder
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 08:50:09 AM »
yeah, 1) when housing was first implemented you had to pay every month, or lose yer house. 2) Then they changed it so that you could keep the house, but you couldn't access it until you paid up, but this produced neighborhoods that were littered with derelict houses and kin houses with all kinds of crap in the yard and out-of-season seasonal decorations... you know, like THAT house down the street with its xmas lights and santa up all year! 3) So now, you can pay rent for 3 months in advance, but lose yer house again, so the neighborhoods have turned from quirky slums back into empty subdivisions :/
Cheers, Noobo

Dimliwitti

• THE Guardian of TLA firsts
  • Officer
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 05:52:26 AM »
oh, the memories of the guild house and my dwarven dwelling. LOL

"Well, of course. I am the Supreme Being, I'm not entirely Dim..." - God, Time Bandits
Pages: [1]   Go Up