Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Helegrod  (Read 6643 times)

Hammercane

Helegrod
« on: July 28, 2009, 10:04:03 AM »
I was wondering if there would be any interest in doing the Helegrod raids.  I left quite a few of them in my queue just in case it ever came up.  I read that the TLA was the first to kill Thorog.  Is that so? 

Dimliwitti

• THE Guardian of TLA firsts
  • Officer
Re: Helegrod
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 08:48:23 AM »
Yes, that is true.

"Well, of course. I am the Supreme Being, I'm not entirely Dim..." - God, Time Bandits

Havoc

• Hey Now
  • Retired Cat Herder
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 09:31:06 AM »
Id be interested.
If you want, go ahead and add it as an event to the calendar with a few weeks notice so that there is enough time to get people interested.
and i think there are a few posts about our history in middle earth somewhere in our forums...

Ragonath

• Ally
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 10:13:50 AM »
Count Rago in I have never done Helegrod and would be interested to check it out ;D

Hammercane

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 10:23:04 AM »
So I was thinking maybe the evening of August 15th, a Saturday.  Maybe 8 EST.  I am not sure of the details - how long it will take, strategies etc.  If that evening is ok, I will put it on the calendar.

noobo

• Retired Cat Herder
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 10:41:14 AM »
Yaas, Dimliwitti got the killing blow  ;D , Presto got Mirdirant, and there was no trophy since housing didn't exist yet!

It used to take 4 hours at lvl 50, but I havnt done it at 60 so it'll be considerably faster!  :D
Cheers, Noobo

Ragonath

• Ally
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 01:41:12 PM »
So I was thinking maybe the evening of August 15th, a Saturday.  Maybe 8 EST.  I am not sure of the details - how long it will take, strategies etc.  If that evening is ok, I will put it on the calendar.

Nice! If you do it on a Saturday night I can actually stay awake LOL! During my woork week I have to be to bed fairly early  :-[ :'(

Esko

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 01:53:07 PM »
We won't need 24 ppl, 12 maybe a few more.  Strat is the same as before cept a lot less time and more spank and less tank.

Akallabethalion

• Ally
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2009, 09:04:06 AM »
My favorite Helegrod story has to be when Vodkard Rockhard, the only burg in our group, was told that the only reason we brought him along, and the only reason we didn't kick him out for going afk, talking over the raid leader, popping every egg in the ice caves, and pretty much being on follow the whole time, was that he had to start a conjunction on Thorog when he flew up to roost.  Imagine our surprise when we found he was afk when we needed him and stayed that way the entire fight, only coming back to ask for loot. 

Edit: Yes, he was hammered.

Thorwald

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2009, 09:12:29 AM »
I was actually there for the first Thorog kill.  It was well earned.  So many hours of failure  (because so many of us were in the test server telling them it was too easy or pointing out exploit-like tactics).

I'll go.

Thuriner

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2009, 09:36:51 AM »
I would definitely be interested in this.  Always like to kill big flying things.

I sure hope that the developers decide to revisit some of these Raid Zones and provide an alternate higher level cap to keep them populated with an updated loot table.  I still have not gotten to the rift either :(

Aeglir

• Ally
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2009, 10:13:22 AM »
My favorite Helegrod story has to be when Vodkard Rockhard, the only burg in our group, was told that the only reason we brought him along, and the only reason we didn't kick him out for going afk, talking over the raid leader, popping every egg in the ice caves, and pretty much being on follow the whole time, was that he had to start a conjunction on Thorog when he flew up to roost.  Imagine our surprise when we found he was afk when we needed him and stayed that way the entire fight, only coming back to ask for loot. 

I miss Vodkard Rockhard.

Kaiz

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2009, 10:50:29 AM »

I miss Vodkard Rockhard.

I usually liked Vodkard's antics, but that night I was close to finding out where he lived and "talking" to him for a while.

Aeglir

• Ally
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2009, 11:46:49 AM »

I miss Vodkard Rockhard.

I usually liked Vodkard's antics, but that night I was close to finding out where he lived and "talking" to him for a while.

I really don't miss Vodkard and usually I turned off Kinchat when he was talking.

Havoc

• Hey Now
  • Retired Cat Herder
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2009, 03:32:56 PM »
too funny!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up