Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Signups are rather confusing  (Read 3129 times)

Andiarial

Signups are rather confusing
« on: June 27, 2009, 05:24:48 PM »
On this weeks sign up, I and rather disappointed with how the signup sheets are, Now with the three catagories that we have on the signup sheets for the events, I can never confirm my signups because I own my own business, I don't know if I will be be here because I am always on call.

Confirmed to me means that there is no possible way that you would not be able to drop. So this neglates the available section of the sign up and not coming is good to tell people  that your arent coming.

But I was signed up before any other LM by a days time, I was not invited to the raid which I thought it was first come first serve, me being honest in the signups I believe that I should have been able to go.

Now finding out that confirmed doesn't mean confirned because there is always possibilities that confirmed isn't confirmed, I should always then signup confirmed, whether or not I am going to be here. In order to get the spot on the raid. Is this so?

"Knock your head against these doors, Peregrin Took! And if that does not shatter them, and I am allowed a little peace from foolish questions, I will try to find the opening words." -Gandalf

Gumpf

• Officer
Re: Signups are rather confusing
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 07:41:34 PM »
Confirmed means that you know for a fact you'll be able to make it

Available, You can attend if needed or You want to go but may be running late

The signups also list the invite time, if you know you'll be running a few minutes past the invite time it's still okay to sign up as confirmed.  Just enter a note that you expect to be there by "x". 

noobo

• Retired Cat Herder
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 09:44:59 PM »
Confirmed means the Raid Leader will expect you to be there at the INVITE TIME, or within a few minutes if you note it. If you sign up as Confirmed/Available/Unavailable and then have a change of plans, you can change your status until signups freeze... I'd recommend this for you as I believe it maintains your original signup time. If you are only signed up as Available, you will be overlooked if someone else is signed up as Confirmed. If you sign up as Confirmed but are a no-show, you may lose your abillity to sign up, so I don't recommend that unless you are sure. But as Gumpf said, always note any uncertainty so the Raid Leader knows who to expect.
Cheers, Noobo

Andiarial

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 04:39:04 PM »
well, see that is where is it confusing, because if I say that I am availible it means that I have every intention that I am going to be there, and if I am online I have every intention of accepting an invite, ok now if I sign up availible at 7pm mon and someone in the same class signs up confirmed 8 pm wed i means that I should be able to go becuase I was first person to sign up. and that I am online ready to go.

It seems that the availible term is used more like a backup signup and not the definition of meaning availible, it might be less confusing if you were to change availible to backups, reserve or sub signups?

"Knock your head against these doors, Peregrin Took! And if that does not shatter them, and I am allowed a little peace from foolish questions, I will try to find the opening words." -Gandalf

Fly

• Ally
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2009, 08:18:41 PM »
Heya :)  I also own and run my own business and i understand your troubles.  I cannot sign up as confirmed for any event it seems on any weekend in the summer months.  I understand that it can get very frustrating knowing that you want to be involved in kin content here are some pointers that i know will help ya.  If you know that you have a very good chance of getting out intime to join the raid sign up confirmed and send the raid leader a tell and let them know your intention and your obligation that there might be a chance you may be late.  We are all adults and all understand RL obligations must come first so if something comes up (traffic/unrully customer) you are covered and 9/10x they will give you time and if you happen to miss the event the leader will have a backup waiting to go!  We all relize this is a game and that it is impossable to live up to every commitment ingame due to RL issues. I hope i helped a little :)

Namisha

• Officer
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 09:24:25 PM »
Also if you have every intention of being there and something comes up you can drop yourself to avail..  or take yourself out.  We do go by signup time in case of multiple ppl signing up confirmed or even available. 

Andiarial

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2009, 07:10:38 PM »
thank you very kindly for you feedback and hope to see all of you in game.

Pervect1

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009, 05:30:46 AM »
Andiarial, if you are GOING to be there, sign up as confirmed, not available. That way you will be on the list for invites. As I understand it, available means, that if they need people to fill the event, and slots are open, then thye look for those who signed up as confirmed first, then those available, then as they can get it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up